Fertilizer

Making Fertilizer

Ammonium phosphate or mono-ammonium phosphate, while a common ingredient in fertilizers is also the single most used ingredient in ABC fire extinguishers. After maybe 20 years of use/reuse or if contaminated, the agent is simply sent to landfills and buried. My question is why? That is, why could it not be recycled into fertilizer? Each year we dispose of somewhere between one to two tons of material, which is 97% ammonium phosphate. If I knew what to mix it with, I'd like to try and make my own general purpose fertilizer. Any suggestions?

Ammonium phosphate is used as an ingredient in some fertilizers as a source of nitrogen. It is also used as a flame retardant in thermoplastic compositions. It is also used in bread making to promote the growth of the yeast.
After entering "ammonium phosphate fertilizer formula" in a search engine, 146,000 results were listed.

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer