I know what spores look like but my fern has something that looks likes spores only on the stems--not under the leaves. Is it actually a disease and do I need to get rid of the whole plant? It is an inside plant I have had for a year. Hate to lose it but I've tried detergent & water with no effect.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Could you include a picture? This would help me to see what is going on. I'm still inclined to say that they are spores. Are they the same color as spores, or different?