Magnolia Trees

Magnolia Trees

I've been an lawn care technician now for quite a few years and every year I watch people plant these magnolia trees, specifically Sweetbay magnolia trees, down here in Palm Beach County. One thing I happened to notice every year when those things bloom is their buttons and the plants look beautiful. They seem to defoliate a lot of their leave and never recoup. Why is that? I have done everything to check in at pH 2 potash fertilizer micro-nutrients really not sure what to say, but I notice it with almost every single planted tree. If you have any ideas or any suggestions, please feel free to contact me in regards to this. I'm lost.

What percentage of the leaves are lost? Is the loss of foliage immediate after the onset of blooms? Is the tree nude (totally devoid of foliage)? Are there any signs of problems such as pests or fungus?

00
Here are more questions about Magnolia Trees