Loquat Trees

Loquat Tree

Goldman1 added on April 5, 2016 | Answered

My tree has new leaves on the bottom 1/3 of my 15 ft tree but the crown looks dead, just dead wood. It has rings that look like chain-link just before the branches start. The tree was planted in October 2015 and it could be shock per the nursery person, but I'm not sure. It was a pricey addition to our yard and I would like some suggestions to treat it.

I believe you may have a few issues with your Loquat Tree.
Your tree has had some lose of leaves and branching from either lack of water or transplant stress.
From this image, the tree looks of substantial size and transplating larger trees can be more difficult and require more care.

A stressed tree can be more susceptible to desease and insects.

The damage that appears in this particular image matches the pattern that is caused by the Yellow-bellied sapsucker.
If the damage becomes to severe the tree can become girdled and can lead to the death of the tree.

Here is a link with more information.

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/howtos/ht_sap/sap.htm

00
Here are more questions about Loquat Trees