Jade Plants

Loose Jade Plant “Branches” Or Pieces

Anonymous added on January 13, 2014 | Answered

I just bought an indoor jade plant from an estate sale. The plant consists of three separate sections in a large clay pot. The soil was bone dry, but the leaves of the plant were bright green and looked very healthy. When I carried it into the house, two of the sections fell out of the dirt. The remaining section was firmly rooted in the dirt. Should I dig two holes in the dirt and firmly push in the two branches that fell out? They did appear to have some 1/2 inch roots sticking out. Or should I put them in water to get the roots going and then replant them?

This article will help with rooting these cuttings (pieces): https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jade-plant/propagating-jade-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Jade Plants