Plant Identification

Looking for Weed Identification

My lawn is mostly weeds, but the most prevalent is a thin-leaved weed that has a tall stalk in the center with a bullet shaped seed pod at the end. I bought a commerical weed killer in pellet form and used a spreader to cover the lawn last fall, but it didn't stop this weed, nor did it stop any of the clover varieties. I don't know whether or not the weed killer was specifically formulated for this particular weed because I haven't been able to identify it on any of the available websites. Can you tell me what this weed is so I can find a product to kill it?

I think you are describing narrow-leaf plantain, also called buckhorn plantain. This article should help: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7478.html

00
Here are more questions about Plant Identification