Epiphyllum Plants

Looking for a Plant

My grandmother was president of the Los Angeles garden club and had acres of roses and irises. She also had a shade garden covered in 'lath'. There were hanging baskets full of 'epiphyllums'--succulent type with a beautiful flower, blooming only once a year. This was a big deal for all of us. I cannot find these plants anywhere. Could you please help me with this?

Hello and thank you for your question. Beautiful they are! I found a neat listing of plants available here>> http://www.cactus-mall.com/epiphyllum.html . You might want to call local nurseries and garden centers in your area too and see if they have any. Some have them in their "distribution" greenhouses and for some reason do not have them in their retail sales greenhouse areas. I have found this to be the case in my area. If a customer asks for them, they will bring several varieties over to choose from. But only if you ask for them.

00
Here are more questions about Epiphyllum Plants