Lobelia Plants

Lobelia – After Germination Care

Krishna added on December 16, 2016 | Answered

I'm from India. I've sown my lobelia seeds in a tray two weeks ago, and after a few days all the seeds germinated. A week from that I separated the seedlings into the same tray, making more space in between. Fortunately, I didn't kill any of the seedlings. But I observe that there is only a slight growth after so many days (as compared to most of other seeds I've sown). Is it natural, or should I do anything special to make them grow? Can I keep the seedling tray in the sun? What care should I give? Please help me. Krishna

Lobelia does have naturally slow-growing seedlings, so don't worry if they are smaller than your other seedlings planted at the same time. Lobelia seedlings are especially vulnerable to damping off, explained in the following article:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/seeds/what-is-damping-off.htm

To prevent damping off, make sure the soil doesn't stay too wet- it can be just slightly damp while the seedlings are small. Then, when the plants have grown bigger, you can water them normally. You can also keep the tray in the sun, unless it is very hot.

10
Here are more questions about Lobelia Plants