Lime Trees

Lime Variety

My husband received a dwarf citrus tree as a gift. I think it was a limequat, but not sure. Unfortunately, due to lack of water it died back to a dry stalk. I thought is was dead. We started watering regularly and it began to put out new growth. It looks like the growth was from below the graft. This plant is now thriving and is about 2. 5-3 feet tall. I think it is a lime of some sort because the leaves smell like lime when crushed. It has really long thorns (approximately two inches). It's been thriving and growing for about a year. Any idea what kind of lime it might be and if it will bear fruit? It has not bloomed at all, but constantly puts out new growth.

It is really hard to say, as there are many kinds of rootstock that can be used, but it may be either a Rangpur lime (which has characteristics of a lime but is actually a mandarin) or an Australian Finger lime. These are two common lime type trees that are used as rootstocks.

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees