Lime Trees

Lime Tree Leaf Drop

aevans added on April 23, 2015 | Answered

I think I accidentally overwatered my lime tree to compensate for possible excess salt and it has suddenly dropped all of its leaves. It was very healthy before. Is there a cure for this problem? Slight pruning and minimum watering perhaps? It was just starting to produce fruit. My climate is very dry and warm in Geraldton Western Australia, although the evening is starting to cool down. Thank you for your assistance.

Your leaf drop is probably attributed to too much water. I recommend that you reduce your watering schedule and look for signs of improvements. Also make sure your tree has proper drainage. Pruning will not remedy an overwatering issue.

For more information on lime tree leaf drop, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lime/lime-tree-leaf-drop-why-a-lime-tree-is-losing-leaves.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees