Lime Trees

Lime Tree

kwal659@aol.com added on September 16, 2017 | Answered

My lime tree is in a pot and seems to be growing slowly. It also is growing straight up with no branches. It is about 2 feet tall leaves are healthy. It gets plenty of sun and water. I feed it once a month. My next move is to depot the plant maybe that will help. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Even though I am in the state of Tennessee, I LOVE to grow citrus. I myself have many, including blood oranges, and even Key lime. I know it is tricky growing them in container, but you can do it.

Now,I know you will be tempted to make your tree short from the get-go... But wait until it is about 3 foot tall, Then cut the top off to about 2 feet. You can even plant the top, and have a second tree.
Next, In container, these will want fertilization once ever couple of months. There are citrus fertilizers that take the guess work out of feeding them.
Now, as far as removing them from pot... Unless the temperatures stay above 20 or 30 degrees year round, I would suggest leaving them in the pot. All of mine are in 15 gallon pots, which they will remain in most of their life.

Here is an article on container citrus care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lime/potted-lime-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lime Trees