Lilac Bushes

Lilac Tree

blhanna22 added on April 29, 2018 | Answered

my lilac tree is green when i do the scratch test beneath the bark but when I do down to the trunk and do a scratch test it is wet and brown. Is the tree dying from the top down?

It is likely that the scratch test further down the tree is not deep enough to reach the green area of the tree. If you see any green at all, then it is waiting for the climate to be just right for it to return any growth. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/lilac/lilac-care-growing-and-planting-lilac-bush-plants.htm

00
blhanna22

It is may 1st and I dont have any green leaves or green buds on the tree. The buds that I do have on the tree are dead. I would think by now I would have something in a way of a leaf or green bud if it is alive

00
Here are more questions about Lilac Bushes