Lemon Trees

Lemon Trees

rockin56 added on October 5, 2017 | Answered

I have branches growing out of my lemon tree trunk. When i trim is there easy way of trying to root them, so I can start more trees?

Fortunately, these trees practically root themselves! My method is as follows:

Take the desired cuttings, and remember that smaller cuttings root faster. Dip them into a mixture of crushed aspirin, honey, and a few drops of hot water to mix them. Dip the cut end into this and plant into slightly moist soil. Put the remaining mixture in some water to water these cuttings with when you need to water them. This will ensure they root faster.

It is normal for most, or all of the leaves to fall off during this time. Give it about a month, because sometimes it can take this long. Check occasionally. The first signs of rooting is a white callous material developing where roots will be.

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees