Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree

I am moving and unable to take the large concrete pot my lemon tree is in. The tree has more fruit on it this year than in previous years and I would like to know if I can transfer it either to another pot or into the ground while it is fruit. (So that I can take it to my new location). What, if any, trauma will I cause the tree and indeed will it survive?

You can repot your tree into another pot, and if the place to which you're moving has a climate suitable for the variety of lemon you have, you can put it outside. However, there's a good chance that you'll lose much of the fruit - but there's always next year. This article may be helpful: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/growing-lemon-trees-containers.htm

Here are more questions about Lemon Trees