Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree

I have a 10 year old Lemon tree that is in the house in winter and on the deck in summer. It currently has the first 2 lemons on it, one of which has been on for 10 months and is still somewhat green and hard. My question: How long should it take to rippen? What can I do to increase output?

The amount of time time it takes for a lemon to ripen can vary depending on several things. First, different varieties have different ripening times (typically between 3-18 months). Second, the conditions the lemon is grown under can shorten or lengthen the time it takes for it to get ripe. In your case, I would suspect that the house is not warm enough to encourage ripening and it slowed down the ripening process when it was brought indoors. Once you set it back outside, the lemons should start ripening again.

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees