Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree

kmayer added on October 9, 2012 | Answered

I brought my lemon tree inside because we live in a climate that gets frost. Lots of leaves are falling off. Will this stop once it gets used to the indoors or am I to do something with it? Also, can I start another plant with a cutting or a lemon that has fallen off? I probably have 15 or so large lemons on the tree now and it is about 4 feet high in a 18 x 18 inch pot.

It is normal for plant to drop leaves when they are relocated to another area; however, this should be a gradual adjustment to minimize stress on the plant. Nonetheless, they usually regrow their foliage once acclimated their new surroundings. Also, as it is fruiting, you will need to water it more often as this adds additional stress on the plant. You may even want to remove some of the fruit to help it focus energy on growing rather than fruiting.

This article should help you with propagation (towards bottom): https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/lemons/how-to-grow-a-lemon-tree.htm

00
kmayer

thank you it has seem to slow down already

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees