Bird Of Paradise Plants

Leaves

Is it a good thing for the leaves on a bird of paradise to fold in half?

One of my BoP, in a 25 gal. nursery pot, has a few leaves that have not expanded like the rest. There should be a reason this has happened, but I can’t figure it out. They are from the same parent plant, same soil, same temps, food, water, light, and any other variable. They have the same bloom count ratio and bloom quality. I find no information to explain this “condition”.

If the leaves had been fully expanded, and then folded on their own, check for insects holding the inside leaf halves together. If this is just one or two leaves, I wouldn't worry too much. If the entire plant is involved, take a freshly cut leaf to the Mecklenburg Agricultural Extension Service for a diagnosis. 1418 Armory Drive, Charlotte, NC 28204.
Phone: (704) 336-2082

00
Here are more questions about Bird Of Paradise Plants