Fig Tree

Leaves on Fig Tree

I purchased a fig tree last summer and kept it out on balcony until fall. I brought it in for the winter and spring, and it got indirect light all winter. I live in eastern Ontario. This summer when I put it out, it really grew and started producing fruit. However, I have noticed in the last week or so that the leaves look burned and browning. It only gets about 5 hours of afternoon sun (faces west). It is watered regularly and I am excited about the fruit, but am wondering why the leaves are coloring and appearing to burn. Please help!!

You may have fig rust, which will eventually defoliate the tree. Figs will develop, but the defoliation inhibits proper photosynthesis, thus limiting production of figs. I would treat with one or two applications of neutral copper spray. Here is more information:

Here are more questions about Fig Tree