Garden Problems

Leaves Falling Off Plant

ongck added on September 5, 2017 | Answered

I just bought this new plant about one month ago. Recently leaves are falling off the bottom half of the plants with the branches looking dry and shriveled on the bottom half. The top half seems ok. What's wrong and how can I fix this? Thank you.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to trim off the growth from the bottom... at least what doesn't get much light.

00

I nice Ficus! To me, that seems to be A lighting issue. Is the tree near a south facing window? That would help most likely. Another Issue can be over/under watering... Both can cause leaves to fall off. The soil should remain moist, with periods of dry in between watering. Stick your finger in the soil, and feel down to a depth of about 2 inches. If it is dry to there you may water the tree. If it is moist, I would wait another day or so. I believe these methods will stop the dropping of leaves. Thank You!

00
Here are more questions about Garden Problems