Citrus Trees

Leaf Miner on Citrus Trees

Anonymous added on January 13, 2014 | Answered

All of my new citrus leaves are soon attacked by leaf miner. The leaves are tightly curled and when they grow they have brown sqiggly trails throughtout the leaf. What can I use to control this problem? Neem oil or horticultural oil or Bonide has been suggested. When do I spray and how often? Can diatomaceous earth be used? How and when should this be applied? I am an organic gardener and do not want to use systemics or toxic pesticides. I live in Savannah, Georgia.

I would recommend using neem oil as it is safe to use and generally effective against many types of insect pests. Here is more information on these pests: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/leaf-miner-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Citrus Trees