Lawn Problems

Lawn Mushrooms


angie added on August 3, 2011 | Answered

Is it okay to eat lawn mushrooms? I have some that look like the big white shrooms you buy in the store. Thanks. Angie


Share this Question:
Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Check here if you would like to receive notifications every time this question is answered.
You are subscribed to receive notifications whenever this question is answered.
ANSWERS
Nikki
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on August 4, 2011

When it comes to mushrooms, unless they have been formally identified by a local mushroom expert, it is best not to eat them. Many edible mushrooms look like dangerous poisonous varieties, and most lawn mushrooms are toxic, so it may simply be better to get rid of them.

Here is an article for ridding the lawn of mushrooms: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/lawn-care/lgen/eliminate-mushrooms-in-your-lawn.htm

Was this answer useful?
00
Looking for more?
Here are more questions about Lawn Problems

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.