Jacaranda Trees

Lawn and Leaf Clutter

Dodger's Mom added on July 20, 2016 | Answered

I live in Southern California and now planning a xeriscaped lawn with rocks and bark due to watering restrictions. If I plant a Jacaranda and surround the base with small rocks or bark, how would I clean up the dropped flowers and leaves? Can't rake them off, so do I just let the leaves/flowers decay in place? I love this kind of tree with the pretty lavender flowers, but maybe it's not a good idea(?). Perhaps not place rocks or bark at the base?

Keeping your garden debris cleaned up can be done manually or often times a leave blowers works great to clear a rocky area.
The garden droppings can be cleared to an area that is easier to sweep, rake and remove. You can even compost the dropped plant material.

I have a small electric leaf blower that is light and very east to use for this garden task!

Here are more questions about Jacaranda Trees