Lavender Plants

Lavender Seeds

Three different times now, I have tried to sow lavender seeds. However, each time I attempt this, I get an initial sprout roughly an inch tall, then it quickly falls over and dies before the second leaves form. I have yet to produce seedlings that I can move to a bigger pot. This last time I kept the soil moist, but not waterlogged, and it happened again. What am I doing wrong? When sowing lavender, do I need to water less once they sprout? Do they need more than 6 hours light? What is the big secret? Please help I need any advice you can give.

I would recommend less water and when you do water, water the seedlings from below. It sounds like the seedlings are damping off, so a little fungicide in the soil will help as well.

Here are more questions about Lavender Plants