Lantana Plants

Lantana Tree

tbou463492 added on October 29, 2014 | Answered

I have a lantana tree that is doing great. I'm not sure if here in eastern Tennessee it will get too cold for it. If it does, should I prune it back, dig it up and put in a container that I can put inside? Thank you for any info you can give me.

The key to knowing if a plant will survive the winter in your area is to know what hardiness zone you live in. Check out this link to learn about USDA hardiness zones:
Lantana is generally not winter hardy north of zone 9, or at the least zone 8. Some varieties die back in winter and return in spring. They do seem to respond well to being overwintered indoors, though. You can dig it up, and overwinter in a pot. Be sure to cut back the foliage at least 1/3 - 1/2. Some people put it in a cool basement and barely water; others keep in a sunny spot as a houseplant.

Here are more questions about Lantana Plants