Lamb's Ear Plants

Lamb’s Ear

Hello! I've been trying to find info about when to prune lamb's ear. Most sites recommend spring, but I am not at home in Pa during the spring and would like to cut them back to the ground in the fall before I leave for Florida. I'm trying to avoid so much garden clean up in the spring. The lamb's ear makes a real mess of rotting leaves. So, what will happen if I cut them to the ground in November? Thanks so much! Ellen

If you must prune your Lamb's ear in the fall, try to do so earlier than November. Early fall is best. This plant has a really high tolerance for abuse so it "should" come back strong as ever the following spring, but if cut back in the fall, now it will be lacking its natural "insulation" over the winter, so perhaps test a small patch and see how it responds.

00
Here are more questions about Lamb's Ear Plants