Lagerfield Rose

pfresh added on June 9, 2011 | Answered

I bought a bare root rose that grew quickly. It has had one bloom. Now, it grows like crazy, but no blooms. My other new rose bushes are doing well. We live in St. Pete, Fl. The garden gets a lot of sun and (reclaimed) water. What can I do do get more blooms? Thanks, Patty

Take a look at this article I wrote on rosebushes not blooming:

Also, I grew Lagerfeld myself a few years ago. I found it to be a very stingy bloomer. Loved the color of the blooms and the fragrance but just too bloom stingy for my liking. I would recommend giving the rosebush a couple years though to be sure as some folks claim to get lots of nice blooms from Lagerfeld. A newly planted rosebush will not perform like an established one. It takes two to three years for them to get fully established.