Predatory Bugs

Ladybugs

irisellie added on November 9, 2017 | Answered

I have some pet ladybugs, and it is almost winter where I live. I was wondering if there is anything that I should do before the ladybugs hibernate? Is there anything specific that they need for hibernation? I was also wondering when ladybugs lay their eggs?

We don't really specialize in insect care here. It should be noted that if these are intended to be predator bugs to keep insects from eating your plants then it would be best to make absolute sure that these are, in fact, ladybugs. Many hybridized lady beetles were released purposely, and unlike true ladybugs, they also feed on plants as well as small insects.

To find out more care on these insects, you can ask your local extension service, which you can find by using this link: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00
Here are more questions about Predatory Bugs