Knockout Rose Bushes

‘Knockout’ Rose Alternatives

johnathan.a.hampton added on August 1, 2016 | Answered

I wanted to know if there are any good alternatives for 'Knockout' Roses. I have one in a tight corner of my home that has been infected with RRD. My mother wants to get rid of as many roots as possible and plant a new rose in the same spot. Is this safe to do? In terms of alternatives, I need something that is a tame grower (no more than 8ft in height and width) that is also tough and has a decent bloom period. I live in zone 7b. I hope you can help! Thank you for you time! From, Johnathan Hampton

Hi Johnathan little is known about rose replant disease. You can replant roses sucessfully using Mycorrhizal fungi you can read more here
Roses are such a personal choice. Zone 7b is not much of a problem especially shelter by the house.

Here are more questions about Knockout Rose Bushes