Knockout Rose Bushes

Knock-Out Rose Care

Sassy added on April 28, 2012 | Answered

My rose leaves hase small holes in them. It starts out looking like scale or small brown spots. I cannot see anything on the underside. I don't know how to treat this. Had last year and it has started already this year. Help

The damage you describe sounds like it could be a form of rose slug, a beetle or perhaps Leaf Hoppers. I would spray the rosesbushes down with a good insecticide. Such as Safer Bug Patrol which should help you gain control. Some tough customers require the use of a systemic insecticide, but I would give the Safer product a try first.

00
nothis

Not sure what you have, but, would caution you to watch for rust on the leaves. My problem with my Knockouts started the same way and in just a few days time I had rust all over the leaves. It is very noticible on the underside of the leave. I have treated mine with a fungicide but will have to severely cut them back and hope for the best. If you live anywhere near a garden center (not a big box store) take them a sample.

00
Here are more questions about Knockout Rose Bushes