Insect Pest Control

Killing Grasshoppers

Does diluted orange oil (1 oz per gallon) kill grasshoppers? My source said it dissolves their hard casing and continues to work as they brush against the leaves on the plants that have been sprayed, even if you don't hit them directly. I have such an infestation (I live in a rural area) that even applications of NoLo, the last 2 years, have only reduced them by about half. Good, but there are still more than too many to eat my veggies and ornamentals.

That is effective on grasshoppers, but if it is not working well enough, consider combining it with neem oil. It works on pests in a different fashion, so the combination should cover all your bases. Here is more information on neem oil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control