Fig Tree

Keeping Bugs Out of Figs

My fig tree has finally started producing a decent amount of fruit, but I don't think I'm going to enjoy much of it. I have been protecting fruit ready to ripen by covering with a netting sleeve so they are safe from birds. But it's smaller insects that are a problem. I've read the advice on controlling ants and will follow it. This afternoon, I opened a deliciously ripe fig to find a small cockroach enjoying a meal. Do you have any advice on keeping bugs, other than ants, out of the fruit without the use of chemicals? Thanks and regards, Veena (Canberra, Australia)

There are numerous bugs, beetles and insects that will like to hang out in a fig tree.
You can regularly spray the Fig Tree with a garden hose to wash off insects. Those that don't vacate the tree can then be treated with Neem Oil.
Neem Oil is organic, safe for people, pets and bees!

Here is a link with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree