Insect Pest Control

Keeping Ants Away From Plants

nehabhardwaj added on October 4, 2011 | Answered

I have a plant of "Kala Patta. " It is growing smoothly. But because of black ants, it's getting dried up. I have tried spraying bleeching around the pot, but it's of no use. Please suggest me an easy method or any such medicine which can keep black ants away from plants.

If you are spraying bleach near the plant, this could be harming the plant as bleach will kill plant material.

As far as the ants go, you can try using a reverse strip of duct tape or some other very sticky tape around the top of the outside of the pot. The ants will get stuck in it. This article will have other suggestions as well:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/keeping-ants-of-flowering-vines-vegetables-and-flowers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control