Silk Floss Tree

Kapok Tree

lorilash1 added on October 21, 2017 | Answered

I have a floss silk/Kapok tree in my yard. Tree is apx 10 yrs old, 15 tall. It has never had a full bloom. There are others in the area and are beautiful when they bloom. We had 1 flower last yr. I spotted it after I threatened to chop the tree down. The tree was purchased for the flowering aspect. I read that you could add bone meal to the dirt and that would help.

Yes that would help. Any fertilizer high in potassium and phosphorus will do it some good. Alternatively, the soil pH could be too low. In this case you can add dolomitic lime to the area. This will help buffer it back. Her is an article for more information on the tree:https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/silk-floss/floss-silk-tree-planting.htm

00
Here are more questions about Silk Floss Tree