Q.Kaffir Lime tree/bush
My lime tree is indoors and was growing well. I see it every time I lift the blinds for sun light.
Anyway, we have several people using the same laundry area. Both washer and dryer are in the kitchen. I am suspecting that someone may have dumped a small amount of liquid laundry detergent on my plant, the leaves dried out in less than 3 hrs. As I said, I see it all the time.
Can the caustic chemicals in the detergent change the plant’s condition that quickly?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Yes. These are very alkaline in nature, and will quickly kill off plants. Try and add iron sulfate to counteract some of that, but if it continues, it will likely die.