Juniper Bush

I plan on removing five large juniper bushes from my yard and then planting something else. The area is covered with shade the majority of the time. I have noticed, of course, that the 'needles' from the junipers that have been shed will absolutely kill anything that tries to grow under or close by the junipers. So, will I have any problem if I try to plant something else where the juniper once was? Also, do I need to completely remove the stump from the juniper, or can I just plant around it?

I removed a juniper and planted something else in it's place I did remove the stump, and since my spot was shady I planted hostas and ferns they are going on three years and doing great,but I cleaned up the area real good making sure I removed as much of the needles as possible, good luck

Here are more questions about Junipers