Jasmine Plants

Jasmine Plant Vine

Each fall I bring in my Jasmine plant. In October I replanted it and pruned back the plant. However, the leaves have been dropping off since fall. The plant is not dead, as it has some leaves and also blossoms. I cannot figure out what happened. It is a vine type plant. I live in northern Ohio. It sits near my patio door.

Either there is a draft that is hitting the plant, which is possible near a door; or the humidity levels are too low, which happens in heated homes a lot and with this winter being rather cold, it will be drier than it has been in past years; or when you repotted, a space was left in the soil.

Check for drafts, place the pot on a tray of pebbles filled with water to raise the humidity and tamp the soil down well to collapse any spaces that might be in the soil.

Here are more questions about Jasmine Plants