Japanese Maple Trees

Japanese Maple

rhett26 added on May 12, 2012 | Answered

I have a Japanese maple that was planted as a baby in 1999. It has been doing great. This year I see grey branches from the top of the tree and no branches or leaves forming. You can basically see right through the tree. I do not know what is wrong or if it is just too early in the season to find out. Also, some of the leaves that are red, turn brown and fall off. I have no Idea what to do.

I would recommend having a tree professional come and look at the tree. There are several things that could be causing this damage and decline and they would be difficult to diagnose without seeing the tree in person.

Some possibilities could be root rot (there are several forms), a fungus or possibly even pests. They would all have these symptoms this way.

00
Here are more questions about Japanese Maple Trees