Jade Plants

Jade Plant Is Dropping Branches

Early in the summer I moved my mature jade plant to a south facing window. In the past few weeks, it has been dropping branches. There is a heat vent below the window and the plant sits on a plant stand about 2 1/2 feet above the vent. What is happening and what do I do to preserve my plant?

It sounds like the plant is over watered and may possibly have root rot. Cut back on watering. Water only when the soil is dry 1 inch on top. This article will help you determine if the plant has root rot:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

In addition, you may want to move it away from the heat vent. Dry heat is not good for any plant and may cause it to dry quicker, causing you to water more, which can lead to over watering issues.

00
Here are more questions about Jade Plants