Jade Plants

Jade Plant

Anonymous added on January 30, 2014 | Answered

My Jade plant is about 3 years old. I have noticed that it doesn't drink water very rapidly. It ends up sitting in the dish. Some of the leaves are wrinkly and some are not. I noticed that some of the branches are spongy and brown at the bottom, as well as some of the leaves are turning yellow. I have it in a clay pot with the type of soil for cactus and succulents. It sits in a window facing north year round. It looks like there may be salt deposits on top of the soil, along the pot and the top of the dish. Does it have root rot, and should I repot it in another type of pot and soil?

It does sound like it may have root rot. Jade plants are succulents and they need very little water. They should never be left in standing water and the soil should be allowed to dry out between waterings. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/disease/treating-root-rot-gardening-tips-for-housplants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Jade Plants