Jacaranda Trees

Jacaranda Tree

jessie radcliffe added on December 2, 2017 | Answered

Hello. I have a jacaranda tree which has grown straight up to about 4 metres and only has two vertical branches straight up, the v starts about halfway up the tree.we have had to stake it up as it sways alot in the wind. Im wondering if I should cut the top out of the tree and if I prune it would it promote more branches to grow furtherdown thetrunk and do you advise pruning it above or below the v in the 2 vertical branches. Any extra advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks verymuch.

It would appear that these trees naturally will grow in this fashion. You can prune them, but do not prune low. Only prune 1/3 of the tree at a time. This article will explain in detail the process for safely pruning this: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/jacaranda/pruning-a-jacaranda-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Jacaranda Trees