Ivy Plants

Ivy Acclimation

I am in Seneca, SC, Zone 7b. The weather right now is in the low forties at night and sixties to low seventies in the day. I bought a large variegated ivy (glacier, I think) that does grow well outside here. I have several already. However, the one I just bought was grown and sold from a greenhouse.

I would like to gradually acclimate it to growing outside. Should I keep it in all winter or do I have time to acclimate it for outdoors? It will go outside next spring for sure. I need specific directions for adjusting it. I have lost some in the past because I didn't.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/hpgen/move-houseplant-outside.htm It's about moving houseplants outside, but it is the same process as what you are looking for.

00
Here are more questions about Ivy Plants