Lilac Bushes

Ivory Silk Lilac

Scottc added on May 15, 2018 | Answered

Hello. I have 3 ivory silk lilacs. One is doing well and the other two grow much slower and smaller leaves. One has a channel running up the side which looks like the bark isn't growing but the inside of the tree is so the bark is splitting. Also the bottom of that tree looks a little pregnant. Some of the branches don't bear leaves so I end up cutting those off as they eventually die. Any ideas how I can save these trees?

I am noticing harmless fungal growth on the side of the plant, which tells me that there may be something lurking in your soil. Although this isn't going to kill your plant on its own, what is in the soil might.

I would apply wettable sulfur in the soil along with dolomitic lime. This will kill off anything lurking in your soil, and get it started back to perfect health.

This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/lilac/lilac-care-growing-and-planting-lilac-bush-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lilac Bushes