I’ve just noticed fleshy lumps on the new growth and some leaves of my very old grape vine. What is it and how do I get rid of it
This is the first year I've seen this growth. The vine was transplanted about 5 year ago and has been growing and producing grapes every year. There seems to be an abundance of clusters this year, too, but the growths are concerning. I've removed and discarded all leaves and tender vines that appeared affected. What is it and how do I treat the vine (preferably organically) to prevent a recurrance? Thank you for your advice.
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
This is blister mite damage. There is no real cause for concern, as they don't do much damage to your plants. They just look bad. There are a few ways to get rid of them, though they will usually resolve on their own.
This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/grapes/grape-leaf-blister-mites.htm