Is this Aconite?
I have moved to another house recently and now have a bit of a garden. I am, however, completely new to gardening! I have a 20 month old toddler, so ideally I want to plant things that are child friendly. I was reading up on toxic plants and one near the top of the list is Aconite. I am now worried that I have something similar in my garden. Is this Aconite (see photograph taken today). Obviously, you cannot eat the flowers or leaves of Aconite, but I also read that you can get poisoned just by brushing past or touching it - does this apply to both the flower and the leaves? If I do have Aconite, how can I get rid of it safely? Many thanks!
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
We did not receive your image.
Here are links with more information about Winter Aconite and Monkshood with images to help you identify.
If you have Monkshood growing it would be easy to lift the plants and remove safely from the garden.