Lemon Trees

Cleaning Off Weed Killer From Citrus Trees and Organic Garden?

fintai added on January 20, 2014 | Answered

Out landscaper just came through and sprayed weed killer all around my organic garden and around my lemon and fig tree. Is there any way to clean it before it seeps into the ground? Also, if I water the organic garden, will that help flush it out or make it worse? Thanks!

You would be best to spray all the plants down completely. If he was wholesale sparying, there is a good chance that there was overspray and it may be killing the plants. Drenching the soil will also help to leech out any chemicals that are in the soil.

00
fintai

Thank you! I sprayed them all down really well as suggested and moved the plants away from where he sprayed (they are in containers). They all appear to be doing fine a week later. I appreciate your help :)

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees