Weed Control

Eliminate Umbrella Flat Sedge

tilesmith added on May 27, 2015 | Answered

Is there a pesticide that I can use to eliminate the growth of umbrella flat sedge? I have three dogs with fairly long hair and would like to eliminate the yellow umbrella flat sedge weeds in my backyard. I cut the grass every week in the rainy season in order to keep the weed to a minimum and to stop the seeds from turning brown and hard. I have read that I can raise the soil level to aid in not trapping the moisture in the upper level. What I am looking for is something that I can spray or sprinkle on the weed to eliminate the problem. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Steve Mancini. tilesmith@hotmail.com

Here is an article that will help you that discusses how to control sedge weeds. In my research, glyphosate seemed to be the go-to chemical to combat this plant.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/weeds/umbrella-sedge-information.htm

00
Here are more questions about Weed Control