Grape Hyacinth

Is the Grape Hyacinth Poisonous to Cats?


prollins added on April 25, 2012 | Answered

Is grape hyacinth poisonous to cats or does it just make them throw up?


Share this Question:
Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Check here if you would like to receive notifications every time this question is answered.
You are subscribed to receive notifications whenever this question is answered.
ANSWERS
Nikki
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on April 26, 2012

According to the ASPCA, grape hyacinths are considered non-toxic to both cats and dogs. If your cat is vomiting after eating them, it could be that too much was ingested and simply caused a belly ache. Also, cats (and dogs) commonly eat grass and sometimes other plants in order to induce vomiting when they do not feel well. If you are concerned about your cat and unsure whether it is sick, a call or visit to the vet may be necessary.

Was this answer useful?
00
Looking for more?
Here are more questions about Grape Hyacinth

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.