Mulberry Trees

Is My Mulberry Tree Dying?

robyn738 added on July 6, 2015 | Answered

My Mulberry tree is estimated to be about 75 yrs old. This year I noticed some bark falling off 2 of the limbs. An acquaintance that does landscaping said that means my tree is dying. He said I may be able to 10 more years out of it but recommended getting the 2 limbs bark is falling off of cut off. It doesn't flower that I've ever seen but it does still drop mulberries. Grandsons love them!!

A normal lifespan of a Mulberry is somewhere in the 25 to 50 years. They can life longer, but not as likely.

Yes, bark falling from the tree can mean the tree is stressed or diseased or yes, dying.

I have a fondness also for the Mulberry Tree as we had one in a house we rented when my own children were small. Oh the snacking they did!

If you feel the tree may have an infestation of some kind, you could have a professional start a insecticidal program.

Best of luck.

Here are more questions about Mulberry Trees