Sago Palm Trees

Is My Cycas Sago Palm Dead

Puchased my sago palm May 2009 and transplanted in front yard. Due to bad winter in Atlanta, GA (snow and ice), I did cover my palm with plastic to protect it. My palm fronds are all golden brown, the entire plant. Is my plant dead? I do have until May 15 to return, or should I try to fertilize with Epson salt? I have continued to water.

You will need to remove the yellow and brown fronds this spring, but only those, as they will not come back. Just use sharp shears to do so. Do not remove green parts of fronds. These articles will help you as well:

It is hard to say how well they will grow back. Sago palms do not deal well with lost fronds, but they have been known to recover fine. If you have the chance to return it, I would do so. It will take it some time to recover, if it does at all.

Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees