Crape Myrtle Trees

Is My Crepe Myrtle Dying or Going Dormant?

wmelton13 added on August 23, 2015 | Answered

I recently bought a Dwarf Lavender and potted it and recently learned that this is not the right time of year for potting. I also may have moved it around too much to try to find the perfect spot. It is on my back porch with no direct sun. I had it outside in the sun but when the leaves began to wilt I assumed it may have been too much (120 degrees). The leaves are all wilting and falling off as if it were fall already and am wondering if it could be dying. I am in zone 9/10 (Phoenix). I don't believe I am over watering. The soil PH is 6.5 - 7.0. How can I tell if it is dying and requires something? Thanks, Billy

A containered plant or tree will need daily watering and if the temperatures are above 85 degrees, twice daily.

The plant my be slightly root bound and not able to take up the nutrients and water.
Keep the plant watered and try to reduce it's stress.

Here is a link with care information.

Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees